Okonomiyaki-the Japanese Pancake
As the name suggests, okonomi means your favorite in Japanese. You can customize the pancake with your favorite ingredients. I added my favorite corns with extra cabbages and Katsuobushi. :)
- 1 pack (100g) Okonomiyaki Flour
- 2/3 cup of dashi
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lb chicken thigh, cut into bite-size piece
- 4 cups of Cabbages, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup of corns
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 2 stalks of scaillion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Beni Shoga (Pickled Ginger)
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Okonomiyaki Sauce
- Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes)
- Marinated the chicken with 2 tbs of soy sauce, 1/2 tbs sugar or mirin, 1 tbs of sesame oil, 1/2 tbs of corn starch
- In a bowl, whisk flour, egg and water until smooth, without overmixing
- Add cabbages, onion, corns, marinated chicken and 1 tbs beni shoga to the batter. Mix well.
- In a saucepan or griddle, turn to high and pour the mixture and form pancakes.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook for 5 minute, then flip over the pancake and cook for 5 minute or until the pancake is firm and well browned.
- Remove from pan, drizzle with Kewpie mayonnaise, okonomiyaki sauce, sprinkle with Katsuobushi and 1 tbs Beni Shoga