RSS

Lobster Mac and Cheese

01 Mar

Lobster Mac and Cheese

After a delicious meal at Capital Grille, Lobster Mac and Cheese has become one of our favorite dishes.  Although it took the two of us more than 2 hours to prepare this meal, the result was outstanding!

Ingredients:

• 3 lb lobsters (heads were used for Lobster Miso Soup)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
  • 2 cups soymilk
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1.5 cups Cheddar, grated
  • 3/4 cup Asiago, grated
  • 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
  • dash of cinnamon
  • dash of salt
  • 1/3 cups panko breadcrumb

Directions:

1. Add lobsters in a pot of boiling water; boil 4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to cutting board. Cut off tail and claws. Crack tail and claws and remove meat. Cut meat into bite-size.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlics and lobster body to skillet and sauté 4 minutes.   Set aside.
  3. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain well. Stir in about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.  Set aside
  4. In a bowl, whisk the flour with soymilk.
  5. In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour mixture.  Continue to stir and cook for several minutes until thickened and smooth.
  6. Remove from heat.  Add all the cheese, salt, and cinnamon.
  7. Add the cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well.
  8. Place the mixture in a casserole baking dish and cover with breadcrumbs.
  9. Bake in the oven at 375 degree for 10 minute and broil for 3 minutes until the top is golden brown.

Related Posts:

上湯龍蝦伊麵 Lobster Yee Mein (Lobster Noodles)

About these ads

Tags: , , ,

9 responses to “Lobster Mac and Cheese

1. Song

March 1, 2011 at 11:40 am

Are there any leftovers?!? We could barter! You can pick anything from my fridge! :P

2. T.C.

March 2, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Damn. I so want some cheesey long har.

The lobster mac and cheese looks awesome. I need to try it at Capital Grille sometime.

3. Sing Joe Yu

March 7, 2011 at 3:09 am

Fantastic! a great lobster dish!

4. Anne Yu

June 15, 2011 at 5:56 am

Wow! It sounds great!

5. connie

July 25, 2011 at 10:49 pm

i love mac and lobsters

6. Freya

February 2, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working with? I’ve loaded your
    blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker
    then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Kudos, I appreciate it!

7. Jessika

April 11, 2014 at 9:27 am

There’s certainly a lot to find out about this issue. I love all of
    the points you made.

8. download brick mansions

April 23, 2014 at 2:51 am

Have you ever considered creating an ebook or guest authoring
    on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.

I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are
    even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.