- 1/2 lb beef flank steak
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh flat, thick rice noodles (hor fun)*
- 1 1/4 lb bean sprouts
- 3 stalks of scallions/green onion, sectioned
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- a few drops sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
*If you are using dried noodles, cook noodles in a pot of water until just tender, 3-5 minutes or according to package directions. Drain before frying.
- Rinse beef and dry with paper towel. Slice into thin strips, about 1/4-inch thick. Marinate with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 teaspoons corn starch for 15 minutes.
- Cut noodles into 1/2 to 3/4 inch strips, set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook for few minutes, until cooked through. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add bean sprouts. Cook for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic, and cook until fragrant. Add green onions and beef, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Stir in rice noodles. Cook and stir constantly for 1 minute. Drain and remove.
- Transfer rice noodles to the wok with beef. Use spatula to constantly toss, for 1 min. Add 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoon oyster sauce. Add bean sprouts and onions slowly while tossing noodles. Mix well.