- 8 frozen mid-joint chicken wings
- 2 tangerine peel, sliced
- 2 cloves shallots, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons Zhenjiang vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green onion, minced (optional)
- Soak dried tangerine peel in water until soft. Remove the pith. Shred dried tangerine peel.
- Defrost chicken wings. Blanch chicken wings in large pot of boiling water for 20-30 seconds. This can remove some oil and the frozen smell/taste from the wings.
- Heat wok and pour in 1 tablespoon oil. Put in chicken wings and fry until light brown. Add all ingredients in. Bring everything to a boil and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle green onions for garnish.