Soy sauce chicken wings is one of the most typical dishes that is served in a Chinese home, and is a favorite of kids in particular. Goes excellent with a steamy bowl of white rice.
- 10 frozen mid-joint chicken wings
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons chinese cooking wine
- Defrost chicken wings. Blanch chicken wings in large pot of boiling water for 20-30 seconds. This can remove some oil and the frozen smell/taste from the wings. (See picture)
- Heat wok over high heat and pour in 1 tablespoon oil. Add ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken wings and cook until light brown.
- Add soy sauce and dark soy sauce, cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken wings over to let the other side absorb the sauce. Cook for another 8 minutes.
- Add cooking wine and sugar. Mix well and cook for another 5 minute or until cooked through.