Taro coconut milk can be served hot in the winter and cold in the summer. For the hot summer days, a smooth and creamy chilled sweet soup like taro with tapioca pearls is the best treat. A perfect finale to any summer meal and it’s quite easy to make.
- 2.5 cups of taro, skin and diced
- 6 cups of water (for taro)
- 1.5 cups of tapioca pearls
- 6 cups of water (for tapioca pearls)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cups of rock sugar
- Bring a pot of (6 cups) water to boil, stir in sago pearls, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat with the cover for 30 minutes or until the pearls turn translucent. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Bring a pot of (6 cups) water to boil, add taro, then reduce the heat to medium-low, simmer for about 15 minutes or until softened. Add coconut milk and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil and stir in tapioca pearls until well combined.