This is a dish that is perfect when It’s raining outside or if for whatever reason you just don’t want to go out to do food shopping. All you need here is a can of black beans and some onions, tomatoes, or peppers. If you don’t have these either, you might even experiment with whatever you have lying around the house. Try accompanying with rice or simply some bread for a healthy and complete meal. Also adding a dash of hot sauce, or even add in some jalapenos when cooking to give it a bit of a kick!
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Saute onion, bell peppers, and garlic in a small pot with the juice from the can over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables soften. Add the beans, tomato, white wine vinegar, cumin, oregano, bay leave and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, covered, simmer for 20 minutes or until the soup thicken. Garnish with diced red onion, tomatoes and pepper.