For the Stock/Soup base –
- 15 medium size dried anchovies
- 1 small onion
- 4-5 shiitake mushrooms
- 3-4 inches or 1/3 cup of dried kelp
- Remove innards from 15 medium size dried anchovies.
- Place the kelp, anchovies, onion and shiitake mushrooms in the pot with about 5 bowls of waters. Bring it to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 min.
- Remove Shiitake mushroom from the pot; chop into slices.
For the Stew:
- 1/4 lb of meat (any meat you prefer)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of miso
- 2 tablespoons of fishsauce
- 1 tablespoon of spicy pepper paste or chili flakes
- 10 mussels or any seafood you like
- 1 box of 12oz silken tofu
- 1 scallion
- 2 eggs ( 1 for each stoneware)
- In a separate pot, add some oil, stir fry the meat with garlic and add the chopped shiitake mushrooms.
- Transfer the strained soup base into the pot (without the fish/onion/kelp).
- Stir in one tablespoon of miso, two tablespoons of fishsauce, one tablespoon of spicy pepper paste. **adjust spiciness by your preference
- Add mussels or any seafood you like.
- Add Tofu and Scallions.
- Bring it to boil, then turn off the heat and crack the egg on top.