Coconut Little Pudding Cake or Put Chai Ko is a snack originating from Hong Kong. It’s a palm sized pudding cake served in a porcelain bowl/aluminum cup or with two bamboo sticks. I made two different variations of Put Chai Ko, one with brown sugar with azuki beans, and the other one with white sugar and azuki beans.
- 8 tablespoons of Rice Flour 粘米粉
- 1.5 tablespoons of Tapioca Starch 太白粉
- 1.5 tablespoons of Water Chestnut Flour 馬蹄粉
- 2 tablespoons of Sugars (brown sugar or white sugar)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of Red Beans
- Cook red beans wtih 2 cups of water for 30 min. Turn off the stove. Cover for 30 min. Then repeat process for two times or until the beans are soft.
- In a saucepan, stir in coconut milk and sugar, until melted. Turn off the stove and let it cool down for 15 min.
- Stir in Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch and Water Chestnut Flour to the sugar mixture.
- Apply oil to the muffin pan. Pour in the flour mixture.
- Place muffin pan in steamer. Steam for 2 min. Add Azuki beans on top. Steam for another 8 mins or until the puddings are set. Remove from steamer and let puddings cool down.
- Remove with two bamboo sticks.