Try this flavorful and colorful Thai Pineapple Fried Rice. It’s a great way to use leftover rice and ingredients are easy to gather. You can always substitute with different vegetables you have from your fridge and add meat or seafood to change it to a non-vegetarian dish.
- 1 cup of cooked rice (I used brown rice), preferably a day old (separate the grains of rice, so they don’t stick together)
- 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks, from can or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup of red pepper
- 1/3 cup of frozen peas
- 1/3 cup of carrots, diced
- 1 box of raisin, 9 oz
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, add oil, stir in garlics and shallots. Add carrot, pepper, onion, peas, stir-fry until fragrant. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to pan, stir in cooked rice, about 2 min.
- Mix all ingredients together in the pan. (vegetables, pineapples, rice, cashews and raisins)
- Add seasoning. (fish sauce, ketchup, soy sauce and curry powder)
- Place the finished fried rice inside the carved out half-shell of a pineapple, sprinkle cilantro on top.