If you like seaweed salad, this is another kind of sea vegetables you can try. A healthy side dish that’s low in calories and rich in fiber.
- 1/2 cup dried hijiki
- 1 tablespoon of carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup of water or dashi*
- 1.5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey or mirin
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Rinse Hijiki and soak in warm water for 15 minutes, drained.
- In a saucepan, heat up sesame oil, add carrot and cook until softened (turn heat to medium)
- Stir in Hijiki, soy sauce, honey and water until all liquid evaporates
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve cold