Shrimp Pad Thai
A quick dish in less than 30 minutes and all the ingredients can be found at a local Asian supermarket. You can substitute the shrimps with any other protein you like or take them away for a vegetarian dish.
- 8 oz. Thai rice noodles
- 8 shrimps
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 egg
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, ground or chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoon oil
- few wedges of lime for serving
Pad Thai Sauce:
- 3/4 Tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 Tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of chili sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add noodles and remove from heat. Soak until tender (about 10 min) Drain and rinse through cold water.
- In a small bowl, mix all pad thai sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add oil, pan-fry shrimps until pink and opaque. Set aside.
- Add oil, stir in egg, scrambled. Set aside.
- Add oil, stir in bean sprouts, cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add oil, stir in red pepper, cook through. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add shallots and garlics, cook for 1 min. Add noodles and all cooked ingredients. Stir in scallions, Pad Thai Sauce and cilantro. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle roasted peanuts and lime juices.