Lobster Mac and Cheese
After a delicious meal at Capital Grille, Lobster Mac and Cheese has become one of our favorite dishes. Although it took the two of us more than 2 hours to prepare this meal, the result was outstanding!
- 3 lb lobsters (heads were used for Lobster Miso Soup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups Cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup Asiago, grated
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cups panko breadcrumb
- Add lobsters in a pot of boiling water; boil 4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to cutting board. Cut off tail and claws. Crack tail and claws and remove meat. Cut meat into bite-size.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlics and lobster body to skillet and sauté 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain well. Stir in about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside
- In a bowl, whisk the flour with soymilk.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour mixture. Continue to stir and cook for several minutes until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add all the cheese, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well.
- Place the mixture in a casserole baking dish and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degree for 10 minute and broil for 3 minutes until the top is golden brown.