This is a basic recipe for beef and radish stew. Serve with noodles in soup, in a clay pot or on the plate.
- 4 cups daikon radish, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pack of soft fried tofu (3.5 oz)
- 3/4 lb of beef cubes
- 4 slices of ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 can of chicken or beef broth
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 tablespoons lump sugar/rock sugar (can substitute with regular sugar)
- Heat oil in pan. Add ginger, garlic and shallots. Stir fry beef cubes until it’s nearly cook (about 5-8 minutes). Add wine and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add chicken broth, sugar, dark soy sauce and soy sauce and cover.
- Bring it to boil. Stir in radish, carrots, and fried tofu. Lower the heat and simmers for 30 minutes, until all ingredients are tender.
Taste and adjust seasoning, add more soy sauce if desired.