This recipe is adapted from the Cooking Light’s Healthy Heart cookbook. I started out by following the recipe as is, but in tasting the sauce, found that it was a bit too sweet. So, I added some white wine vinegar to make the sourness stand out a bit more.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoon white wine vinegar – (adjust the amount to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup/Honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add fish. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 5 minutes).
- Place fish on grill rack or pan coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness, basting occasionally with marinade. Remove fish from grill; sprinkle with salt and pepper.