Tofu itself has a very mild taste so the sauce is really important. In this recipe, the tofu is crispy on the outside and soft inside. With the combination of the spicy sweet soy sauce, this is one of the best fried tofu dish I’ve had.🙂
- 6 slices of firm tofu (each about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Japanese style soy sauce (kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 stalk scallions, finely chopped
- sesame seeds
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick rectangles.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the tofu, pan fried for 1 minute, then lower the heat. Cook over low heat on each side for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, soy sauce, honey, chili flakes, and sesame oil.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu. Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.