This spicy Chinese-American dish is one of our most popular take-out dish on the menu.
- 1/2 lb of flank steak, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into bite-size
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 scallions/green onion, cut into 2 inches
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Marinate beef slices with hoisin sauce and sesame oil for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, cook for another 2 minutes. Add red peppers and cook for 2 more minutes. You can adjust the timing according to how cooked/soft you want your veggies to be. Remove from wok.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger, and garlic, and cook until fragrant. Add green onions and beef, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Stir in onion, red pepper, broccoli, scallions, and 1 tablespoon of water to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Sprinkle chili flakes and sesame seeds on top (optional).