After last weekend’s baked egg muffin cup, we wanted to try making more baked eggs in perfect sunny-side-up doneness. This time, we opted for a recipe that uses for a variety of vegetables. The resulting dish is just as tasty as the meat version.
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed away excess water
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir in the roasted red pepper and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture in an oven-safe 16 oz round dish. Stir in cilantro. Carefully crack an egg into it, making sure to keep the yolk intact. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 375 degree.