Creamy without actually using any cream, this corn chowder is made with sweet corn and silky tofu. It is low-calorie and filling at the same time, without compromising on taste. A soup that can be ready in less than 30 minutes, this is a recipe worth trying!
- 1 can creamy corn chowder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ear of fresh corn or 2/3 cup of corn kernels
- 2/3 box of silken tofu (about 9 oz), cut into cubes
- 1 egg (omit for vegan)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shucked corn and cut off kernels or defrost frozen corn kernels, set aside
- Pour a can of cream style corn in pot. Stir in one cup of water.
- Bring the soup to boil, add corn and tofu. *You can put the tofu in a blender if you prefer a smoother version of the soup. Recommend for vegan if egg is not used.
- When it boil again, turn off the heat. Crack an egg and stir quickly. Salt and pepper to taste.