Sometimes you spend half a day gathering ingredients and preparing for a dish, and other times some dishes take you less than 30 minutes from start to finish. As it turns out, the quick dishes can just be as good and restaurant quality as well. All the ingredients from this dish can be found in Asian supermarket (including the frozen mussels) and you can even make this in a toaster oven.
- 18 green-shelled mussels
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlics, finely chopped
- 1 red chili , finely chopped (optional)
Red curry paste:
- 1.5 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Clean mussels and dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Stir fry shallots, garlic and red chili until fragrant. Add the red curry paste ingredients and cook over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Top mussels with the cooked curry paste. Bake at 400 degree for 8 minutes or until the top of the red curry paste is slightly burnt.