Are you combating symptoms from this allergy season?? Try this warm hearty soup to help relieve your sinus congestion. A main dish soup with nutritious ingredients including protein, and is low in fat. Pair with rice or even just having a couple of bowls of this soup will leave you satisfied.
For the Stock/Soup base – Ingredients:
- 2 fresh conchs, sliced
- 3 slices ginger
- 1/2 cup scallops
- 8 cups water (include the dried scallop water)
- 1 box of silken tofu (12 oz)
- 1 cup of dried Wood Ear
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 egg
- Soak the scallops in about a cup of warm water for 20 minutes, or until they soften. Drain and reserve the water.
- Soak wood ear in hot water and let it sit for 20 minutes. Clean and remove any hard parts with scissors. Cut into strips.
- In a skillet/pan, heat oil over high heat. Add ginger and stir fry until fragrant. Add the sliced conch and stir fry for couple minutes.
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add ginger, conch and dried scallop. When it comes to boil again, lower the heat and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Bring the soup to boil over high heat. Add wood ear. When it comes to boil again, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Bring the soup to boil over high heat. Stir in tofu and break them into pieces.
- Mix corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water. Pour into the soup and stir. Bring to boil and cook for 1-2 minutes until the soup becomes thicken. Then turn off the heat, crack an egg and stir quickly.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro to serve.