A variation of the Creamy Tofu Corn Chowder with fish maw and homemade chicken stock.
- 1 can of cream style corn
- 1 cup of homemade chicken stock or 1 can of chicken broth
- 2 pieces of fried fish maw
- 1 box of silken tofu (12 oz)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons potato starch or corn starch
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- To prepare chicken stock — Bring a pot of water (6 cups) to boil, add half of a chicken to the pot. When it comes to boil again, lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Combine 1 cup of chicken stock and 1 can of cream style corn in a pot. Bring it to boil, add fish maw pieces and silken tofu. Simmer for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix corn starch with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir into the pot of soup slowly to thicken the soup. You may add more starch mixture until desired consistency is reached.
- Lastly, turn off the heat. Crack 1 egg and stir quickly. Serve while it is still very hot. Salt and pepper to taste.