As it was mentioend from previous post 三杯素雞 Taiwanese Three Cup Vegetarian Chicken, the three cups consist of sesame oil, rice wine and soy sauce. It’s a simple yet presentable dish that is fit for anything from a small gathering to one of many dishes for a celebration banquet. The strong flavoring and spiciness go well as a main dish with rice or an appetizer with wine.
- 2 frogs
- 5 slices ginger
- 5 garlic, mashed
- 2 red bird eye chili (optional)
- 1 green Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Heat wok and pour in sesame oil. Add ginger, garlic, bird eye chili, cook until fragrant.
- Add frog pieces and onions, pan fry until lightly browned. Add rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and peppers. Lower the heat, cook until the sauce thickens. Stir in basil and transfer to a pre-heated clay pot to serve.