Ready in less than 30 minutes with two ingredients. This easy to prepare dish is a weeknight favorite
The key for this dish is simple – do not overcook! We want the egg to be creamy and melt in your month, not dry and rubbery. After the shrimps turn pink, you want to lower the heat and pour the eggs on top. Turn up the heat quickly, and once the curds start to form on the side (see picture on the right below), stir quickly. Continue to stir almost constantly until the eggs are just done. There should still be a small amount of liquid egg when you transfer it to your serving dish – the egg will continue for a bit more by itself from the heat.
- 12 raw shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves for garnish, optional
- Marinate the shrimps with one tablespoon of egg white, salt and corn starch.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook shrimps on both sides until opaque. Turn the heat to low. Add eggs, turn the heat back to high, and fold eggs over themselves. Remove the skillet from heat when eggs are just cooked.