Chicken wings are loved by adults and kids alike, so it’s a good idea to have a few different recipes handy for preparation. These honey lemon wings burst with citrus aroma and a tangy sweetness that helps stimulate the appetite.
- 10 frozen mid-joint chicken wings
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 stick cane sugar or 2.5 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- Defrost chicken wings. Blanch chicken wings in large pot of boiling water for 20-30 seconds. This can remove some oil and the frozen smell/taste from the wings.
- Heat oil over high heat in a skillet. Add chicken wings and cook until light brown.
- Add soy sauce and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken wings over to let the other side absorb the sauce. Cook for another 8 minutes and add sugar. Mix well and remove from pan.
- Reserve two slice of lemons, then juice the rest of the lemon.
- In a skillet/saucepan, bring the lemon juice and brown sugar to boil. When the sugar dissolves, add chicken wings, lemon slices and mix well. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Transfer chicken wings to a bowl and mix with 1.5 tablespoon of honey before serving.
More Chicken Wings Recipes: