This may be one of the tastiest dessert recipes that doesn’t require a lot of time to do. It looks good even for a special occasion, but you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make!
I used this recipe on allrecipe.com, with the main thing changed being the amount of ingredients on strawberry sauce. I made a lot less than the recipe calls, and it was the perfect amount for 5 parfait glasses. But if you like more sauce, you can always change the amount.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelop unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large strawberries, chopped
- 2.5 tablespoons white sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- Combine milk and gelatin in a small bowl.
- Combine heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in gelatin mixture and cook for about 3 minutes, until gelatin dissolves. Add vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into ramekins, cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Strawberry Sauce: combine strawberries, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 0.25 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. While the mixture cooks, crush the strawberries with a potato masher. Simmer the sauce until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes; cool.
- Remove chilled ramekins from the refrigerator and spoon strawberry sauce over panna cotta to serve.