Taiwanese Three Cup Vegetarian Chicken
The “Three Cups” of Three Cup Chicken comes from sesame oil, Chinese rice wine, and soy sauce. It’s a traditional and popular Taiwanese dish. In this recipe, I replace chicken with vegetarian chicken.
- 1 pack of gluten, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 7 cloves garlics
- 7 slices of fresh ginger
- A big bunch of Thai basil leaves
- 8 tablespoon of rice wine
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 scallions, sliced.
- 1 dried whole red chili, optional
- Add sesame oil to pan, add garlics, ginger, chili and scallions. Stir-fry until aromatic
- Add gluten, rice wine, soy sauce and sugar.
- Stir for couple minutes, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 5 min.
- Stir in red pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 min.
- Add sesame oil and basil. Cover for 10 seconds. Ready to serve.