Parchment baked is my newly discovered favorite way of cooking. Parchment paper prevents food from sticking to the pan and makes cleaning a breeze. The food is cooked in its own juices and you have assurance that it won’t dry out even if a bit overcooked. It is also a great idea for pot luck when everyone can bring their own “mystery” packets.
- .70 lb salmon steak or fillet
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil leaves
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Combine, chopped tomato, shallots, garlic, basil leaves and lemon juice into a small bowl.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon fillet in the center of parchment paper. Drizzle each fillet with 1 teaspoon of the oil and half of the mixed vegetables on top.
- Place packages directly on hot baking sheet in oven at 400 F and cook for 20 minutes.
Source: Whole Foods Recipes