Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Poached Egg
Three layers of Lemon Ricotta pancakes with fresh strawberries in between. Topped with a poached egg, served with Ikea’s Lingonberry preserves and warm maple syrup to drizzle over the fruit and cakes. A perfect start to the weekend!
(makes 12-13 mini-pancakes)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup soymilk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Preheat a non-stick griddle or non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, sugar. Whisk ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest in a separate bowl. Combine two mixture together until smooth.
- Brush the griddle with butter or oil.
- Pour the batter on the griddle and cook on both sides until light golden brown (about 2 minutes on each side).
Poached Egg Directions:
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar into a pot of water
- Bring the water to boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Crack an egg to the water
- Poach the egg for 3 minute then remove with a slotted spoon