Cooking curry with instant curry cube isn’t the most authentic Japanese curry, but it is a decent trade-off between taste versus speed and ease of preparation.
- 6 tiger shrimps
- 1 pack of fried tofu (6 oz), cubed
- 2 garlics, finely chopped
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 lb broccoli, cubed
- 1 small carrot, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 2 small onions, cubed
- 1 box of curry cubes
- 4 cups of water
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Stir in shrimps. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add oil to the skillet. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add potatoes, tofu, and carrots; cook for a few minutes. Transfer them to a pot with 4 cup of waters and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and cook the onions, peppers, broccoli and tomatoes. Cook for few more minutes and add salt and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetables to the pot. Add curry cubes, stir to mix well. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimps to the curry, cook for 5 minutes and serve with rice.